Title IX Rights
You have the right to be treated fairly!
Here are just some of the rights available to you as a pregnant student:
- You must be given an adequate recovery period after childbirth to make up any missed assignments or exams.
- If you’re an athlete, you can take a redshirt season while pregnant and should not be dismissed from sports teams because of your pregnancy.
- You cannot be penalized for any medically necessary absence by a professor or teacher.
- You have a right to be accommodated with a comfortable testing space within your university or high school while pregnant.
PROTECTION AGAINST PREGNANCY-BASED DISCRIMINATION
As a pregnant student in Colorado, your time on campus is protected and any concerns or issues may be addressed and resolved.
Forms of pregnancy-based discrimination:
- Discouragement in continuing your education because of your pregnancy
- Asked to step down from sports teams, leadership roles or campus clubs due to pregnancy
- Lack of response from professors or teachers per request for necessary deadline extensions
- Inadequate amount of time given to complete exams or assignments after childbirth
- Departure of school housing while pregnant
Negative comments made about your pregnant status or future plans
YOUR NEXT STEP
If you want to know more about your rights and how BPRC can help you, please click the button below to request a free appointment. If you need transportation to our office, we can offer free Uber Health rides.